Congratulations to all RCTFC athetes who competed at the South Fraser Junior Olympics Meet May 21-22! First and personal best performances are to be applauded!
9 year olds:
- Maresa Loconte’s 7th place in 60m, 6th place in 100m, 1st place in shot put and 2nd place in 60mH
- Ava Forsyth’s 1st in 60mH, 600m, 1000m and 4th in LJ
- Abby Brolin’s 10th place in 60m, 7th in 100m and 5th place in 60mH
- Apolo Polansky-Richardson’s 1st place in 60mH, 7th in 60m and 5th place in LJ
- Marek Laga’s 9th place in 100m
- Gavin Hollett’s 8th in 600m
- Patrick Jessome’s 7th place in LJ and 600m and 2nd in 60m
10 year olds:
- Ellie Yong’s 2nd in 60m, 3rd in 100m and 2nd in LJ
- Ryan Perk’s 7th in 600m and 6th in LJ
11 year olds:
- Indira Chiang’s 4th in 60m, 1st in shot put, 2nd in HJ and 60mH and 8th in 100m
- Mballany Mahmoud’s 3rd in 100m, 5th in 60mH and 2nd in 200m
- Noah Brolin’s 7th in LJ, 2nd in shot put and 11th in 100m
- Tommy Francisco-Rubano’s 7th in 200m
- Max Holmes’ 1st in 1000m and 3rd in 60m
12 year olds:
- Annika Yong’s 4th in 80mH and 200m, and 10th in 100m
- Samantha Lorenz’s 4th in 100m
- Vanessa Bonamin’s 11th in 200m and 13th in 80mH
- Kairo Chiang’s 4th in 100m, 2nd in 80mH and 2nd in HJ
- Levi Turra’s 4th in 80mH
- Ethan Lauritzen’s 7th in 80mH
13 year olds:
- Kate Bowles’ 6th in shot put
- Naseeb Shokar’s 6th in shot put
- Monika Arcadi’s 2nd in 1200m, 3rd in 800m, 3rd in HJ and 5th in 300m
- Emily Bowles’ 1st in 1200m and 2nd in 800m
- Cameron DeWith’s 3rd in 1200m
- Ra’el Clark’s 2nd in LJ and 5th in 100m
Full results at the link below:
Congratulations to all the athletes for personal best performances and first time accomplishments!
Congratulations to all RCTFC athletes who competed in Maple Ridge at the Eagle Classic Meet May 13th!
- Kate Bowles took 3rd in javelin for 13 year old girls
- Emily Bowles placed 2nd in the mile and 3rd in the 800 for 13 year old girls
- Max Holmes took 1st place in both the 600 and 1000 for 11 year old boys
- Ava Forsyth took 1st place in the 1000m for 9 year old girls
- Levi Turra took 4th in javelin and shot put and 5th in long jump for 12 year old boys
- Kairo Chiang took 4th place in 100m and 3rd in 200m for 12 year old boys
- Indira Chiang took 3rd in 60m hurdles and 2nd in shot put for 11 year old girls
- Abby Brolin won 4th place in shot put for 9 year old girls
- Ellie Yong won 3rd place in 60m, 100m and long jump for 10 year old girls
- Maresa Loconte won 3rd place in 60m hurdles for 9 year old girls
- Richardson Polansky took 2nd place! for 60m hurdles
- Ra’el Clark won 1st place in long jump and 2nd place in the mile run for 13 year old boys
- Cameron DeWith took 2nd place in the 800m for 13 year old boys
Wow! Way to go everyone! Congratulations on all your personal best and winning performances!
Full results can be found at the link below:
RCTFC Midget/Junior Throwers put on a good show at the Langley High Performance Throws Meet April 30.
It was an excellent group of throwers and certainly lived up to its billing of a high performance throws meet.
RCTFC’s Youth thrower Joelle Pinvidic put 5m on her PB in Hammer throw; she threw over 39m.
Lauren Savela had a very good series of throws all teasing her PB in Javelin of just under 35m including a throw in the low to mid 34m.
Brianna Bates was throwing well early in the competition and tossed a 38m+ throw in Javelin!
Jenevieve Patry-Smith had a big day putting an extra half metre on her Shot Put PB!She threw 12.50+. And she had the best throw amongst the Youth Javelin with a throw of 41m+ which gets her past the Team BC standard for Legion Nationals!
Position Highlights included a Gold in Javelin for Lauren Vanee in the Junior category, a Gold in Javelin and a Bronze in Shot Put in the Youth category for JV Patry-Smith, a Bronze for Brianna Bates in Javelin, a 5th place finish for Lauryn Savela in Javelin in the Youth category and a 4th place in Hammer for Joelle Pinvidic in the Youth category.
Congratulations to all the throwers for your performances!
Full results in the link below:
RCTFC Coaches Sean Dixon and Kevin Smith and four RCTFC athletes were in Eugene, Oregon to compete at the 2017 Oregon Relays Invitational Meet (April 14-15) at the Historic Hayward Field at the University of Oregon. All around personal best performances were accomplished and some top finishes.
All three throwers threw new personal bests against a deep field of a very competitive group of the best throwers from all over the pacific north west.
Brianna Bates post pb jav throw with Coach Kevin Smith
Brianna Bates placed 20th out of 38 with 34.62m (a new PB). This is Brianna’s first year throwing a 600g javelin and her first time competing in the US.
RCTFC throwers Zuzu and JV at Historic Hayward Field
Zuzu (Zuzanna Liniewski) placed 11 out of 17 with a throw of 31.64m (a new PB) and only her second hammer competition ever and throwing 4K senior weight. It is worth mentioning that Zuzu is a grade 9 competing against Grade 12s (or freshman vs. seniors in the US).
JV (Jenevieve Patry-Smith) competed well in discus, placing 21st out of 35 with 31.11m. JV is a 16 year old competing against athletes 2 years her senior. In javelin, JV placed 22nd out of 38 with 34.16m (a new PB) and this is her first year throwing a 600g javelin.
RCTFC thrower JV Patry-Smith with distance runner Grace Fetherstonhaugh and thrower Brianna Bates.
Grace Fetherstonhaugh ran well on the track taking 2nd place out of 55 competitors in the 3000m while she broke the 10 minute barrier by setting a new personal best time of 9:52:07. Grace took 4th place in the 1500m with a personal best time of 4:35:80.
RCTFC Head Coach Sean Dixon happy to be coaching at Hayward Field.
Congratulations to all the RCTFC athletes for their performances at the 2017 Emilie Mondor Invitational meet April 8th. These high school athletes were competing against varsity athletes as well as other high school athletes from Norwesters, Langley Track & Field Club and the Harriers.
Throwers included Zuzanna Liniewski (hammer), JV Patry-Smith (javelin, discus), Brianna Bates (javelin), Evan Smith (javelin) and Joelle Pinvidic (hammer).
Emily Chilton (800m), Grace Fetherstonhaugh (1500m and 2000m SC), Gavin Fan (200m and 400m), Daniel Yu (800m), Shea Janke (1500m) and Charles Yu (1500m) competed on the track.
Jeremy Belcher rounded out the group by competing in the jumps (triple jump).
Despite wind and heavy rain, JV Patry-Smith placed 5th in the discus (27.90) and 5th in javelin (33.18), Brianna Bates took 7th for javelin (33.18) and Joelle Pinvidic placed 5th in hammer (35.69). Jeremy Belcher took 4th place in triple jump. Grace Fetherstonhaugh took 1st place in the 2000m steeplechase and topped the meet record of 7:06:46 by running the event in 7:00:74.
Full results can be found at the following link:
RCTFC athletes Grace, Kate, Elizabeth, Emily, Kate, Emily, Jeremy with Head Coach Sean Dixon
A group of RCTFC athletes supplemented their Pre Season training by competing in the St Patrick’s Day 5Km BMO road race on Saturday, March 18th at Stanley Park Pavilion.
Representing RCTFC, Emily Chilton, Emily Bowles, Kate Bowles, Elizabeth Bowles, Jeremy Belcher, Grace Fetherstonhaugh and Kate Stewart-Barnett were coached at the road race by Head Coach Sean Dixon.
RCTFC athletes Emily Chilton, Grace Fetherstonhaugh, Jeremy Belcher and Coach Sean Dixon
RCTFC athlete Jeremy Belcher (centre)
Head Coach Sean Dixon, Athlete/Junior Coach Grace Fetherstonhaugh, Coach Jason Delesalle and Coach Cristina Weir
RCTFC was happy to be asked by organizers to help put on a recent track & field clinic for BC Special Olympics Athletes who are preparing to compete at the 2017 Special Olympics BC Summer Games in Kamloops this coming July!
Thanks to Head Coach Sean Dixon, Coach Cristina Weir, Coach Jason Delesalle and Junior Coach Grace Fetherstonhaugh for coaching the track and field event at SFU.
Athletes warm up with dynamics
Please note that both Tuesday & Thursday night Track Rascal programs are now full for 2017. Waitlist for those interested. firstname.lastname@example.org.
RCTFC’s Grace Fetherstonhaugh (left) competes to 7th place @ Nationals. She and her Team BC teammate (pictured right) both made top 10, helping to secure the youth girls’ Silver medal in the team category.
Royal City Track & Field Club’s 16 year old Grace Fetherstonhaugh took 7th place out of 197 competitors from across the country in the 16/17 youth girls 4km race at the National Cross Country race in Kingston, Ontario on Saturday, November 26th.
Fetherstonhaugh was selected to compete at the race as a member of Team BC on the youth girls’ team (16/17 age category) following her provincial cross country competition season. Following their performances, she and her 5 teammates from across the province secured the Silver medal in the team category on behalf of Team BC.
Max Jones and JV Patry Smith were recognized for their year’s achievements at the 2016 BC Athletics Awards Banquet. Max received recognition for his accomplishments in pole vault and JV for her performances in javelin and shot put.