2018 Cross Country Practices for ages 9+ only: begins Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
- Monday’s and Wednesday’s (5:30pm-7:00pm) – for JD/Midget/ Youth/ Junior ages
- Location: Cariboo Park, Burnaby (corner of 10th Ave & Cariboo Road)
- Coach’s suggested race schedule to follow
2018 Pre-Season Training (for reference only)
2018 JD Pre-Season Training (for athletes 9-13 only):
- Thursday, January 25-Thursday, March 29
- 6:00pm-7:15pm @ Queen’s Park Hockey Arena in the back of the arena at the top of the stairs in the training room (bring water, towel, mat & full warm-ups)Space limited so email Coach Glen if you plan to attend. If you have any questions at all, feel free to reply to this email or you can email Coach Glenn (email@example.com) or save your questions for the first practice if it pertains to the workout itself.
2018 Midget & Older Pre-Season Training (for athletes 13+ only):
January through March:
- Wednesdays @ Omega Gym from 8:00pm-9:30pm for athletes aged 14+ only. This is an indoor plyo/bounding workout for muscle/joint strengthing.
While not mandatory it is highly recommended for steeple and high jumpers but also great for throwers and mid distance/endurance athletes.
Space is limited so please confirm to Sean (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Cost is $9/session.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays @ Mercer Stadium from 6:00pm-7:30pm for 13+ distance athletes and sprinters wanting conditioning.This training is intended for 13+ aged middle and distance runners or sprinters aged 14 and older who want to attend for conditioning. This practice is all run stride training and endurance speed work (eg. mobility drills) as well as hurdle drills for steeple chase runners.
- Sundays @ Deer Lake Park from 9:00am sharp-10:30am for 13+ distance athletes or sprinters wanting conditioning. This is an intense hills workout.
For throws workouts pre season for athletes aged 13+, please email Coach Kevin at email@example.com.
2018 TRACK & FIELD TRAINING SCHEDULE (for reference only)
Regular Outdoor Training for all competitive athletes begins in April. *Training schedule/locations subject to change based on athletes’ needs and coach availability.
**Please note: age of an athlete is determined by how old the athlete will turn in 2018 (for example, even if your child is still 13 in April, if they turn 14 in 2018, you look at training schedules for 14+).Training schedules for specific age groups are determined by long term development guidelines set by BC Athletics.**
The Track Rascal Program has two separate programs (athletes register for one or the other, not both):
- Tuesdays 6-7pm starting APRIL 10th OR Thursdays 6-7pm starting APRIL 12.
- BOTH Programs END TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2018 with a BBQ/windup mini meet.
Competition JD Program (9-13* years)
- TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS from 530-700pm starting THURSDAY, APRIL 5th.
- This program ends with the BCJD Provincial Championships in July.
- ***Practice on Tuesday, April 10th is cancelled due to the JD Athlete-Parent-Coach Meeting at NWSS High School Library at 6pm-7:30pm (enter off 8th Street Entrance)***Important for all JD athletes and a parent to attend (ages 9-13)!
*Please Note: Coaches are requesting for all JD athletes turning 13 in 2018 to train up with the older age group at the 6:30-8:30pm session. Those 13 year old athletes interested in throws are to attend the practices on Tuesday & Thursday nights at Burnaby Central. Coach Kevin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about throws practices.
Midget/Youth Training (turning 14 and older in 2018 plus all JD athletes turning 13 in 2018)
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS 630-830pm (at Mercer) AND for distance runners aged 13+ there is a practice on Wednesdays(at Swangard Stadium in Burnaby with Coach Sean from 7:30pm – 9:00pm (some dates, the club will not have these practices due to the Stadium being booked for special events)
Additional practices on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday may also be added for older athletes on an individual basis; event coaches will communicate with the athletes on an individual basis and athletes are encouraged to talk to their coaches about supplemental training.
Throws Group (Midget and older)
- TUESDAYS through THURSDAYS 600-800pm at Burnaby Central (schedule and times subject to change due to weather and coaching availability)
Please speak with Coach Kevin or Coach Jason regarding event specific times (email@example.com).
POLE VAULT NOTE: Pole vault is weather dependent. Interested athletes aged 13+ will have opportunity to discuss vault practice schedules directly with Coach Cristina Weir.
Most track practices take place RAIN or SHINE. In case of very heavy rain, wind conditions, watch your email in case coaches have to cancel a practice on rare occasion or for a particular event.