2017 Cross Country Practice Schedule:
Starting September 6th and ongoing until November 1st.
Monday & Wednesday (Cariboo Park) 5:30 – 7:00pm: All ages
Thursday (Mercer Stadium) 6:00 – 7:30pm: 13 years old and up
Note: Cariboo Park is at the corner of Cariboo Road and 10th Ave (https://goo.gl/maps/M7yqgP2jCSq)
Off-Season and Pre-Season Track and Field Training:
As part of our off-season training, our older athletes take part in regular, supervised weight training sessions, gymnastics training, as well as outdoor event specific training. Off-season training typically starts in the early fall and continues through to the spring.
Our Junior Development athletes typically participate in pre-season training beginning in the early new year.
2017 TRACK & FIELD TRAINING SCHEDULE (for reference):
Regular Outdoor Training for all competitive athletes begins in April. *Training schedule/locations subject to change based on athletes’ needs and coach availability.
**Please note: age of an athlete is determined by how old the athlete will turn in 2017 (for example, even if your child is still 13 in April, if they turn 14 in 2017, you look at training schedules for 14+).Training schedules for specific age groups are determined by long term development guidelines set by BC Athletics.**
The Track Rascal Program has two separate programs (athletes register for one or the other, not both):
- Tuesdays 6-7pm starting APRIL 11th OR Thursdays 6-7pm starting APRIL 13.
- BOTH Programs END JUNE 13th with a BBQ/windup mini meet.
Competition JD Program (9-12 years)
- TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS from 530-700pm starting Tuesday APRIL 4th.
- This program ends with the BCJD Provincial Championships in July.
Midget/Youth Training (turning 13 and older in 2017)
- TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS 630-830pm (at Mercer) AND for distance runners aged 13+ there is a practice on Wednesdays(at Swangard Stadium in Burnaby)
- Please make a note on your calendar that RCTFC does NOT have practices at Swangard Stadium on the following Wednesday nights due to the stadium being used for other events:
- May 10
- May 24
- May 31
- June 21
- July 12
Additional practices on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday may also be added for older athletes on an individual basis; event coaches will communicate with the athletes on an individual basis and athletes are encouraged to talk to their coaches about supplemental training.
Throws Group (Midget and older)
- TUESDAYS through THURSDAYS 600-800pm at Burnaby Central
Please speak with Coach Kevin or Coach Jason regarding event specific times.
POLE VAULT NOTE: Pole vault is weather dependent. Interested athletes aged 13+ will have opportunity to discuss vault practice schedules directly with Coach Alex.
Most track practices take place RAIN or SHINE. In case of very heavy rain, wind conditions, watch your email in case coaches have to cancel a practice on rare occasion or for a particular event.