Coach Sean Dixon with some of the weekend’s top finishers for Royal City: Isabella, Ryan G, Noah, Scott and Shea
Congratulations to all the athletes who competed at the 2018 Pinetree Classic Cross Country race!
Highlights in their respective agegroups included 1st place for Ryan Goudron and Ava Forsythe, 2nd place for Noah Duke, 3rd place for Evan Beckers, Massimo Callogero, Isabella Brunoro and Max Holmes and 4th place for Shea Janke, Scott Rains and Finn Janke!
Full Results can be found at the following link: http://phoenixrunningclub.com/pinetree-classic/2018-results
Congratulations to the 9 Royal City Track & Field Club athletes who represented the club at Legion National Youth Track & Field Championships this month in Brandon, Manitoba!
The RCTFC posse who travelled to Manitoba to compete included: Ella Foster competing in U16 Women’s pole vault, Jarrett Chong competing in U18 Men’s javelin and shot put, Kate Stewart-Barnett competing in U16 Women’s 1500m steeple chase, high jump and 1200m, JV Patry-Smith competing in U18 Women’s javelin, Emma Dolman competing in U18 Women’s 400m hurdles, Isabella Brunoro competing in U16 Women’s 2000m and 1500m steeple chase, Ryan Goudron, competing in U16 1500m Men’s steeple chase, Lauryn Savela, competing in U18 Women’s javelin and Jeremy Belcher, competing in U18 Men’s 100m and 400m hurdles.
As well, congratulations to Jarrett Chong, Kate Stewart-Barnett, JV Patry-Smith and Isabella Brunoro, who were also representing TEAM BC in their competitions at Legions, following their stellar performances and provincial rankings during the 2018 season!
Standout Medal performances at Legions included: In Men’s U18 Jarrett Chong‘s Gold in javelin, throwing 67.55m and Silver medal in shot put with a throw of 17.59m; Kate Stewart-Barnett‘s Gold in 1500m steeple chase 4:50.45 and Bronze medal in high jump for Women’s U16 with a height of 1.67m; and Ella Foster‘s Bronze in Women’s U16 pole vault with a height of 3.00m!
Full results for Legion National Youth Track & Field Championships:
Congratulations to the 19 RCTFC JD athletes who competed very well at the 2018 BC JD Champs in Kelowna!
The team hauled in 21 medals at the meet! More than 75 top 8 performances and many personal best performances were also accomplished! Well done team!
Congratulations also to the 12 year old girls’ 4 X 100m relay team (Lishan Melles-Hewitt, Zehra Ali, Indira Chiang and Mballany Kambidi) for their Gold medal win!
Medal highlights and top performances from the meet included:
- Mia Gracia‘s (9 year old girls) trio of Silver medals in the 600m, 1000m and long jump as well as 5th place in high jump and 60mH and 6th place in 60m
- Amara Chiang’s (9 year old girls) Bronze in shot put as well as 7th place in 60m and 8th place in 60m and 100m
- Ava Forsyth‘s (10 year old girls) Gold medal in the 600m and Silver in the 1000m and 7th place in 60mH
- Olivia Robinson‘s (10 year old girls) Silver medal in high jump and Bronze medal in long jump and 4th place in 100m
- Mballany Kambidi’s (12 year old girls) Silver in 200m, 4th place in 100m and 6th place in 80mH
- Lishan Melles-Hewitt‘s (12 year old girls) Bronze in 1200m and 5th place in 800m and long jump
- Jackson Schiebler‘s (10 year old boys) Gold in 600m and Silver in 1000m, 4th in 60m and 5th in 100m
- Marek Laga‘s (10 year old boys) Bronze in the 60mH, 6th place in 600m and 7th in 100m, long jump and high jump
- Noah Brolin‘s (12 year old boys) Silver in high jump, 4th place in shot put, 5th in 200m and 7th in 800m
- Noah Duke‘s (12 year old boys) Bronze in pole vault, 4th in 800m and 7th in pole vault
- Levi Tuura‘s (13 year old boys) Bronze in high jump, 6th in shot put and pole vault, 5th in discus and 7th in javelin
- Kairo Chiang’s (13 year old boys) Bronze medals in triple jump, 80mH, 200m and 300m, 4th in pole vault and long jump and 100m
Congratulations also go to the following athletes for their top 8 performances:
- 9 year old Raaweya Maghera who won 6th place in 60mH and 8th place in high jump
- 13 year old Lindsay Goudron who won 4th place in discus and 8th place in javelin
- Zehra Ali (12 year old) won 7th place in 800m
- Indira Chiang (12 year old) won 4th in shot put, 5th in 80m and 7th in 200m
- Mathew Terepochi Grant (10 year old) won 6th in high jump and 7th place in 60mH and shot put
- Finn Janke (11 year old) won 4th place in 1000m and 6th place in 600m
Full result details can be found at the following link:
Congratulations to 4 of Royal City Track & Field Club’s athletes who have just been named to TEAM BC for Legion Youth Nationals!
Based on provincial rankings amongst stiff competition and challenging qualifications, RCTFC’s Jenevieve Patry-Smith, Jarrett Chong, Katie Stewart-Barnett and Isabella Brunoro have been selected to represent British Columbia at the National Competition for athletes aged 16-17!
Named to the Youth Team:
- Jenevieve Patry-Smith will compete for TEAM BC in javelin
- Jarrett Chong will compete for TEAM BC in javelin and shot put.
Named to the Midget Team:
- Katie Stewart-Barnett will compete for TEAM BC in 1500m steeple chase and high jump
- Isabella Brunoro will compete for TEAM BC in 1500m steeple chase
TEAM BC will be travelling to Brandon, Manitoba August 10-12 to compete against top athletes representing their respective provinces!
TEAM BC Announcement with more details on link below:
The club will also be cheering on Emma Dolman (400mH), Jeremy Belcher (triple jump) Lauryn Savela (javelin), Ryan Goudron (steeple and 800m) and Ella Foster (pole vault) who will also be travelling to Brandon, Manitoba to compete at the National meet!
RCTFC’s steeple chase/distance runner Grace Fetherstonhaugh represented well both Royal City Track & Field Club and TEAM CANADA recently at the U20 World Junior Track & Field Championships in Tampere, Finland.
Amongst the forty 3000m steeple chase runners representing countries from around the world, Fetherstonhaugh competed in the first of three qualifying heats, where she snagged the last spot allowing her to compete in the finals!
In the finals, Fetherstonhaugh competed to 11th place with a time of 10:02.28, just shy of her pb and season’s best of 10:01.95 set a month earlier at the Portland Track Festival in Portland, Oregon! Congratulations Grace!
Congratulations to Ella Foster, Katie Stewart-Barnett, Isabella Brunoro, Cameron DeWith, Ryan Goudron and Henry Ruckman for their stellar performances at the 2018 BC Summer Games held in Cowichan Valley, BC!
Ella Foster (pictured above) took the Gold in pole vault and set a new meet record with her winning vault of 3.11m! She also came away with a Bronze medal win in triple jump with her jump of 10.72!
Ryan Goudron (pictured below) competed well at BC Summer Games representing Zone 4. Goudron accomplished 7th place in the 2000m finals with a time of 6:13.06 amongst 15 other representatives from other BC regions! Goudron also competed in the 800m run for Zone 4 clocking in with a time of 2:19.43!
Henry Ruckman (pictured below in Orange) won well at BC Summer Games with a Silver medal in the 1500m steeple chase in a time of 4:43.71!
Isabella Brunoro (pictured below) won Silver at BC Summer Games in 1500m steeple chase with a time of 5:11.83!
Double Gold Medals and a Bronze were won at the BC Summer Games by Katie Stewart-Barnett (below) ! Stewart-Barnett ran 5:01.98 for the Gold in 1500m steeple chase, ran 6:36.50 in the 2000m and jumped a height of 1.60m for the Bronze medal in high jump!
Royal City Track & Field Club congratulates Senior javelin thrower Brianna Bates, Senior javelin, hammer, shot put & discus thrower Jenevieve Patry-Smith and Senior steeple chase/distance/cross country runner Grace Fetherstonhaugh for their commitment and dedication to training and competing for Royal City Track & Field Club over the past many years! These three athletes graduated from grade 12 at their respective high schools in June 2018-Congratulations!
You will be missed but the club wishes you well in all of your future endeavors! Please come back to visit your Royal City Track & Field Club fam!
Congratulations to every single one of the RCTFC athletes who competed at the 2018 BC Athletics Jamboree at Percy Perry Stadium in Coquitlam! The Senior athletes are commended for a plethora of personal best, top 8 and medal winning performances backed by these athletes’ commitment to this past year’s strength training and practice sessions! Congratulations to all these athletes and their RCTFC Coaches!
As a team, the RCTFC Midget+ aged athletes broke the club medal record at BC Champs this weekend! The RCTFC team won 22 medals!
Top 8 & Medal performances included:
- Hillary Miller’s Silver medal in the open category for discus
- Jenevieve Patry-Smith‘s Gold in javelin and Bronze in shot put for U18
- Jarrett Chong won double Gold in javelin and discus and Silver in shot put for U18
- Jeremy Belcher won Silver for triple jump for U18
- Lauryn Savela won the Silver medal in javelin for U18
- Emma Dolman won Bronze in 400m hurdles for U18
- Ryan Jensen won 4th in 110m hurdles for U18
- Shea Janke won 4th place in 2000m steeple chase for U18
- Christina Heslop won 4th in 2000m steeple chase and 7th in 3000m for U18
- Kiran Wanniarachchi‘s Gold medal in high jump and his contribution on the club’s 4 x 100m Bronze medal and 4th place finish in the 4 x 400m in the men’s category!
- Kaitlyn Hanger won 5th in Hammer and also 5th in high jump for U18
- Zuzu Liniewski won 6th in Hammer for U18
- Constantine Georgas won 7th in 200m for U18
- Katie Stewart-Barnett‘s 4-count of Gold Medal performances for 1500m steeple chase, 2000m, 1200m and high jump in the U16 category!
- Isabella Brunoro won Silver in the 1500m steeple chase, Silver in the 2000m and 8th in 800m
- Ryan Goudron‘s Gold in 1500m steeple chase and trio of Bronze Medals for 300m, 800m and 2000m in the U16 category!
- Henry Ruckman won Bronze in the 1500m steeple chase and 4th in 2000m!
- Ella Foster won the Silver medal in pole vault and Bronze in triple jump for U16
- Kaitlyn Heslop won 8th in 1500m steeple chase for U16
- Roman Nikolaev won 6th in long jump for U16
As well, the RCTFC boys’ relay team competed in the men’s category to win the Bronze medal in the 4 x 100m (Gavin Fan, Jeremy Belcher, Kiran Wanniarachchi & Constantine Georgas) and 4th in the 4 x 400m (Ryan Goudron, Karl Arcadi, Henry Ruckman & Kiran Wanniarachchi)! Congratulations to these athletes who all competed in their own gruelling competitions prior to giving it their all in the relays! Way to go boys!
Full Result Details at link below:
This gallery contains 3 photos.
Royal City Track and Field javelin throwers, Jarrett Chong and Jv Patry-Smith represented Canada at the inaugural U18 Jamaican Invitational in Kingston, Jamaica on July 1st, 2018. The event hopes to be a permanent regional event following the removal of … Continue reading
Coach Highlights from the meet:
- Congratulations to both Jack Foster and Ella Foster on their new personal bests and Silver and Gold in vault!
- Kudos to Ryan Goudron and Kate Stewart-Barnett for their Gold medal performances in 1500m sc!
- Gold Medal for Emma Dolman in 400m H!
- Congratulations to Jackson Schiebler for his winnings–a trio of Gold medals in 10 year old boys’ category!
Full details on performances can be viewed here: