Royal City Track and Field Club was well represented at the BC Athletics’ Provincial Cross Country Championships at Clearbrook Park in Abbotsford on October 25 with 16 athletes competing at the event.
In the 9 year old boys’ category, Angus Steele, took 1st place.
For 10 year old girls, Monika Arcadi placed 10th, Emily Bowles took 4th, and Kate Bowles and Grace Hodges took 18 and 19 place amongst athletes from all over the province.
For 11-year old girls, Kate Stewart-Barnett, Milena Kalisch and Maria Kim took 2nd, 3rd and 6th place.
For 12-year old girls, Sabine Girt took 6th, Ella Fetherstonhaugh took 9th and Emma Dolman won 15th.
For 13 year old boys’, Shea Janke took 5th place in the province.
For 14 year old girls, Grace Fetherstonhaugh and Ashlynne Stairs took 3rd and 5th place.
In the 15 year old girls agegroup Emily Chilton won 7th.
Congratulations also to Prachi Brahmbhatt for competing well in her first cross country race with Royal City Track and Field Club.
The following athletes should also be recognized for winning one of the BC Athletics’ plaques for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the Lower Mainland Series races overall in their respective age-groups (best 4 performances, including championships, from 6 races in the fall series):
- Angus Steele-9 year old boys’-1st place plaque
- Kate Stewart-Barnett-11 year old girls’-2nd place plaque
- Shea Janke-13 year old boys’-2nd place plaque
- Grace Fetherstonhaugh-14 year old girls’-1st place plaque
- Ashlynne Stairs-14 year old girls’-2nd place plaque
- Milena Kalisch-11 year old girls’-4th place in the series
- Emily Chilton-15 year old girls’-4th place in the series