The RCTFC Annual Club Mini Pentathlon followed by a club BBQ attracted more than 85 athletes, parents and coaches despite wet conditions!
The event marks the end of the training weeks for Track Rascals and Intro to Track athletes. Congratulations to all these athletes for their hard work during the last 10 weeks! We hope to see you again next year!
Congratulations to all Royal City Track & Field Club athletes for their determined efforts and spirit of competition at the Jesse Bent 2016!
Results and highlights can be seen at the link below:
Fourteen Midget and Junior Royal City Track & Field Club athletes qualified to compete for their respective high schools at BC High School Track & Field Championships in Nanaimo June 2-4, 2016.
Emily Chilton, Lauren Vanee, Finn Cookson, Grace Fetherstonhaugh, Ashlynne Stairs, and Brianna Bates, Emma Dolman, Gavin Fan, Maxwell Jones, Jenevieve Patry-Smith, Joelle Pinvidic, Lauryn Savela, Diego Meija and Elizabeth Bowles are to be congratulated for their performances at zone championships and provincials!
- 9th place in 400m and 800m for Senior Emily Chilton
- 10th place in javelin for Senior Lauren Vanee
- Silver Medal in pole vault for Junior Finn Cookson
- Gold Medal in 3000m and 1500m steeplechase for Junior Grace Fetherstonhaugh
- Silver Medal in javelin and 6th place in pole vault for Junior Brianna Bates
- Silver Medal in discus and shot put and Bronze in javelin for Junior Jenevieve Patry-Smith
- 4th place in pole vault for Junior Maxwell Jones
- 6th place in javelin for Gr 8 Lauryn Savela
- 8th place in long jump for Gr 8 Diego Meija
- 9th and 12th place in 800m and 400m respectively for Gr 8 Elizabeth Bowles
Full results and performances can be seen on the results link below: