Congratulations to the 20 RCTFC athletes who competed at the 2019 BC Athletics Track & Field Championship Jamboree in Kamloops July 5-7.
The athletes took home a total of 17 medals and in addition to the medals, there were also 14 top 8 performances. All athletes should be very proud of their performances and personal bests this past weekend along with all the hard work it took to get there.
Top 8 & Medal performances included:
- Jarrett Chong won Gold in javelin and Silver in shot put
- JV Patry-Smith won Gold in javelin and Silver in shot put
- Ryan Roberts won Bronze in 5000m
- Jeremy Belcher won 4th in 100m and 6th in 200
- Grace Fetherstonhaugh won 6th in 800m
- Isabella Brunoro won Gold in 2000m steeple chase, Silver in 3000m and 4th in 1500m
- Zuzanna Liniewski won Gold in hammer
- Ella Foster won Silver in pole vault
- Lauryn Savela won Silver in javelin
- Ryan Goudron won Bronze in 2000m steeple chase and Bronze in 400m
- Jaden Knight won Bronze in javelin
- Hannah Vorell won 4th in 400m and 8th in 200m
- Kairo Chiang won Gold in 100mH, Gold in triple jump and 4th in pole vault
- Levi Tuura won Gold in high jump and 5th in pentathlon
- Monika Arcadi won Bronze in pentathlon and 6th in 1500m steeple chase
- Robin Rohu won 4th in 80mH, 5th in 300mH and 8th in long jump
- Lindsay Goudron won 4th in discus and 7th in shot put
Congratulations as well to Constanine Georgas, Henry Ruckman-Utting and Johari Dixon for their performances in a tough field of competitors.
As well, after injury to 2 RCTFC athletes we were still able to put together an unattached 4 x 100m relay team with 2 of our athletes; Jeremy Belcher and Kairo Chiang who would take the Gold medal for the win.
A huge thank you to the coaches who came out to the Jamboree to support the athletes. Both parents and athletes appreciate all the time, effort, words of wisdom and encouragement you provide!
Overall was a great weekend! Rain, wind and sun along with friendship and laughter!
Full results can be found at the below link: