Congratulations to every single one of the RCTFC athletes who competed at the 2018 BC Athletics Jamboree at Percy Perry Stadium in Coquitlam! The Senior athletes are commended for a plethora of personal best, top 8 and medal winning performances backed by these athletes’ commitment to this past year’s strength training and practice sessions! Congratulations to all these athletes and their RCTFC Coaches!
As a team, the RCTFC Midget+ aged athletes broke the club medal record at BC Champs this weekend! The RCTFC team won 22 medals!
Top 8 & Medal performances included:
- Hillary Miller’s Silver medal in the open category for discus
- Jenevieve Patry-Smith‘s Gold in javelin and Bronze in shot put for U18
- Jarrett Chong won double Gold in javelin and discus and Silver in shot put for U18
- Jeremy Belcher won Silver for triple jump for U18
- Lauryn Savela won the Silver medal in javelin for U18
- Emma Dolman won Bronze in 400m hurdles for U18
- Ryan Jensen won 4th in 110m hurdles for U18
- Shea Janke won 4th place in 2000m steeple chase for U18
- Christina Heslop won 4th in 2000m steeple chase and 7th in 3000m for U18
- Kiran Wanniarachchi‘s Gold medal in high jump and his contribution on the club’s 4 x 100m Bronze medal and 4th place finish in the 4 x 400m in the men’s category!
- Kaitlyn Hanger won 5th in Hammer and also 5th in high jump for U18
- Zuzu Liniewski won 6th in Hammer for U18
- Constantine Georgas won 7th in 200m for U18
- Katie Stewart-Barnett‘s 4-count of Gold Medal performances for 1500m steeple chase, 2000m, 1200m and high jump in the U16 category!
- Isabella Brunoro won Silver in the 1500m steeple chase, Silver in the 2000m and 8th in 800m
- Ryan Goudron‘s Gold in 1500m steeple chase and trio of Bronze Medals for 300m, 800m and 2000m in the U16 category!
- Henry Ruckman won Bronze in the 1500m steeple chase and 4th in 2000m!
- Ella Foster won the Silver medal in pole vault and Bronze in triple jump for U16
- Kaitlyn Heslop won 8th in 1500m steeple chase for U16
- Roman Nikolaev won 6th in long jump for U16
As well, the RCTFC boys’ relay team competed in the men’s category to win the Bronze medal in the 4 x 100m (Gavin Fan, Jeremy Belcher, Kiran Wanniarachchi & Constantine Georgas) and 4th in the 4 x 400m (Ryan Goudron, Karl Arcadi, Henry Ruckman & Kiran Wanniarachchi)! Congratulations to these athletes who all competed in their own gruelling competitions prior to giving it their all in the relays! Way to go boys!
Full Result Details at link below: