Royal City Track and Field Club turned out 21 athletes to compete at the first ever Universal Club Track and Field Meet held at Bear Creek Park, June 27-28. The RCTFC athletes produced over 50 top 8 performances and won 23 medals.
Royal City Track and Field Club athlete Brianna Bates (15 years old) topped the meet with her 38.38 throw in javelin which won her the gold medal and also accomplished meeting a Team BC standard to put her in the running for earning a spot with Team BC when they travel to Nationals in August.
Other meet highlights included:
- Grace Fetherstonhaugh- gold medal in the 2000m for 14-15 year old girls
- Jack Foster’s gold medal in triple jump and bronze in high jump for 14-15 boys
- Finnley Cookson- pair of silver medals for the 1200m and 800m for 14-15 year old boys
- Shea Janke-silver medal in 2000m and bronze in 1200m for 14-15 boys
- Max Jones’-silver medal for 200m hurdles for 14-15 boys
- Elizabeth Bowles’-trio of silver medals for 100m, 1200m and 800m and bronze in shot put for 13 year old girls
- Emma Dolman’s pair of bronze medals for 200m hurdles and 80m hurdles
- Emily Bowles-gold medal in 600m and silver for 1000m
- Monika Arcadi’s bronze medal for 1000m
- Paige Deedman’s silver medal for long jump (11 year old girls)
- Kate Bowles’ bronze medal in long jump
- Noah Duke’s silver medal in 1000m for 10 year old boys
- Noah Brolin’s gold in 60m and silver in 100m for 9 year old boys
Congratulations to all RCTFC athletes for personal best performances at the meet!
All results can be viewed at the following link: