The club was represented by more than 25 athletes who as a team accomplished 13 medals and 56 top 8 finishes in a wide range of events from shot put and javelin to high jump, hurdles and steeplechase!
In the 9 year old age-group, top eight performances included: Noah Brolin with a bronze medal in 100m and 5th in 60m dash and Markus Savela’s 4th in 600m, 6th in 60m, 5th in long jump and 6th in shot put!
For 10 year olds, Nicole Blatherwick took silver for javelin and 7th for 60m hurdles, Katherine Martin took bronze for javelin and 6th for high jump, Kenan Burrows won 6th for shot put and Andrew Murray won 8th place for 60m hurdles and long jump.
Monika Arcadi, 11, accomplished wins in a range of events, including bronze in 1000m, 4th in long jump and javelin and 5th in high jump and 600m. Cameron Dewith won 5th place in the 11 year old boys’ 600m.
For 12 year olds, Shankara Rajkumar won silver in 300m and 5th in 200m and Riley Storms won 6th in 800m and 8th in 80m hurdles. The 12 year old girls relay team also won the gold medal in the 4 x 100m-way to go!
In the 13 year old category:
- Lauryn Savela won a pair of silver medals in pole vault and javelin and 5th in discus
- Lauren Sidhu took 5th in 300m, 7th in 200m and 800m and 8th in 100m
- Sabine Girt won 4th in 800m, 6th in 1200m, 7th in 80m hurdles and 9th in 200m
- Emma Dolman took 8th for 200m hurdles and 9th for 800m and 1200m
- Emma Celle won 8th in discus.
In the Midget category (ages 14-15):
- Jenevieve Patry-Smith won silver in shot put, javelin and discus
- Devin Strome won 4th in shot put
- Brianna Bates won bronze in javelin
- Joelle Pinvidic won 4th in hammer throw
- Devin Strome won bronze in high jump
- Finnley Cookson won bronze in pole vault
- Max Jones won gold in pole vault
- Ryan Jensen won 7th in shot put
- Grace Fetherstonhaugh won gold in 1500m steeplechase
- Emily Chilton won 5th in 400m
- Ashlynne Stairs won 8th in 1200m
- Finnley Cookson won 5th in 1200m
- Max Jones won 6th in 100m hurdles
- Ryan Jensen won 7th in 100m hurdles
Congratulations to all the athletes!