RCTFC club’s first foray into the indoor track scene was met with early season success on the track and in the field Feb 13-14, 2016!
Two Junior RCTFC athletes and three midget athletes showed up to compete in 15 events and came away with a Gold medal, four Silvers and three Bronze.
More importantly, the meet resulted in multiple strong early season performances all around as confirmed by Head Coach Sean Dixon.
“The hard work athletes have been putting into their winter training sessions is evident and these athletes are “right on track” for this early in the season which will set them up for accomplishing pbs and strong performances in their competitions later in the outdoor season!”
- Emily Chilton’s gold medal performance in the 800m (2.31.69) and silver medal in the 400m (62.72) for Junior girls
- Finn Cookson’s bronze in long jump (4.40), Silver in 400m (58.55) and 5th in 60m (8.21) for Junior boys
- Ryan Jensen’s silver in 60m hurdles (11.01), 4th in long jump (4.19) and 5th in 60m (8.74) for Midget boys
- Max Jones’ bronze in 60m (7.99) and silver in long jump (5.04) for Midget boys
- Emma Dolman’s bronze in 800m (2.45.43), 4th in 1200m (4.33) and 5th in 300m (48.48) for Midget girls