Congratulations to all Royal City Track and Field Club Junior Development athletes who persevered through sweltering conditions at the JD Championships in Kamloops to win medals, ribbons, top 8 and personal best performances.
Top 8 Highlights from the meet included:
9 year olds:
- trio of medals for Noah Brolin with Gold in shot put and Bronze in 60m and 100m
- Bronze in 60m hurdles, 4th in 60m, 600m and high jump, 5th in long jump, 6th in shot put and 100m for Marcus Savela!
11 year olds:
- Gold in 600m and Silver in 1000m for Emily Bowles
- 4th in 600m, 5th in 1000m and 8th in high jump and javelin for Monika Arcadi
- 6th place in long jump for Paige Deedman out of a whopping 26 competitors
- 8th place in 800m for Kate Bowles
13 year olds:
- Silver in javelin and 4th in pole vault for Lauryn Savela
- 5th in 800m and 6th in 1200m for Elizabeth Bowles
- 7th in 800m and 8th in 1200m for Emma Dolman
- 8th in high jump and javelin for Emma Celle
- 7th in 300m for Lauren Sidhu
- Silver medal performance for the 1200m Sprint Relay Team for the 13 year old girls!
Congratulations to all Royal City athletes who accomplished personal best performances at the meet! That is a great way to end the season!
Special mention to Kate Bowles and Monika Arcadi who paired with 2 Prince George athletes for the relay to win Bronze, also to Katherine Martin and Marcus Savela for their personal best performances in high jump (Marcus also in 60m hurdles that accomplished his bronze medal) and finally to Emma Dolman for her personal best performances in both 80 and 200m hurdles!
Big thank you to all the Royal City Track and Field Club coaches for their time and dedication over the weekend coaching these great kids in their events!