At the BC Athletics Jamboree in Nanaimo where athletes aged 14 and older compete against athletes from all over the province, 11 of Royal City Track and Field Club athletes represented the club at this provincial meet winning a total of 8 medals, including Grace Fetherstonhaugh’s Gold medal win in the 2000m!
Congratulations to Lauren Vanee, Prachi Braambhatt, Emily Chilton, Grace Fetherstonhaugh, Taylor Morrison, Brianna Bates, Jenevieve Patry-Smith, Jack Foster, Finnley Cookson, Max Jones and Jeremy Belcher for their performances on the track and in the field events over the weekend which included numerous personal bests, top 8 finishes and medal wins.
Highlights included: pbs noted!
On the Track:
- Grace Fetherstonhaugh won Gold in the 2000m (pb-6:35:75) and Bronze in the 1200m (pb-3:38:44)
- Emily Chilton won 4th in the 800m (pb-2:19:99) and 10th in the 400m
- Taylor Morrison won Bronze in the 1500m racewalk
- Finnley Cookson won 9th in the 800m (pb-2:12:81) and 10th in the 1200m
- Max Jones won 5th in 200m hurdles (pb-31:72) and 7th in 100m hurdles
- Jeremy Belcher won 6th in 200m hurdles (32:23)
- Lauren Vanee won Bronze in javelin
- Finnley Cookson won Bronze in pole vault (pb-2.30m)
- Max Jones won 4th in pole vault (pb-2.30m)
- Jenevieve Patry-Smith won Silver in discus and javelin, 5th in shot put (pb-10.95m) and 7th in hammer
- Brianna Bates won 4th in javelin and 5th in pole vault
- Jack Foster won Bronze in Triple Jump (pb-11.55m), 5th in high jump, 6th in shot put and 8th in long jump
A huge thank you to all the coaches for your time, dedication and commitment to the athletes! It was a great weekend with excellent performances and lots of fun! We look forward to next season!