An outstanding 24 JD athletes represented Royal City Track and Field Club at the May 16-17 South Fraser Junior Olympics Trackmeet at Bear Creek Park in Surrey. Performances by all of the athletes contributed to Royal City Track and Field Club placing 5th overall out of the 22 competing track and field clubs at the meet. Congratulations to all of the athletes who participated in the meet for accomplishing their own PBs and wins!
Special recognition to Kenan Burrows, Annika Yong, Kaitlyn Biedka, Nicole Blatherwick, Katherine Martin, Noah Duke and Levi Tuura for competing in their first trackmeet as a Royal City Track and Field Club athlete and accomplishing personal best performances in their events!
Highlights included excellent performances against competitors by the following RCTFC relay teams:
- Bronze Medal win by the 11-year old 4 x 100m relay team (Kate Bowles, Charlotte Taylor, Grace Hodges and Kaitlyn Biedka) and Gold for the 11-year old 4 x 200m relay team (Kate Bowles, Charlotte Taylor, Sydney Christiansen and Kaitlyn Biedka)
- Silver Medal win by the 13-year old 4 x 200m relay team (Elizabeth Bowles, Emma Celle, Emma Dolman and Lauryn Savela) and also Bronze for the same team in the 4 x 100m
- Bronze Medal win by the 11-year old 4 x 100m relay team (Nicole Blatherwick, Katherine Martin, Livia Russo and Annika Yong)
Other Top 8 performances for individual competition included:
- (9 year old girls)-in an impressive array of events, Livia Russo took gold in 60m dash and 100m, as well as silver in 600m, 4th in high jump and shot put and 6th in long jump
- (9 year old boys)-4th place in shot put for Marcus Savela
- (10 year old girls)-8th in high jump for Katherine Martin and 6th place in shot put for Nicole Blatherwick
- (10 year old boys)-6th place for Noah Duke in 1000m, 8th place for Levi Tuura in 1000m and a strong 4th place for Levi in 600m
- (11 year old girls)-Monika Arcadi won well this weekend with three bronze medals for 600m, long jump and high jump as well as 4th in 1000m and 6th in shot put, 8th place for Grace Hodges in the finals for 60m dash, a pair of silver medals for Emily Bowles for performances in 600m and 1000m, 4th place for Kate Bowles in the 600m and an impressive 5th place in long jump against of field of almost 30 competitors
- (11 year old boys)-Cameron Dewith won well with a silver medal in 1000m, 6th place in long jump and 7th place in shot put, while teammate Shivan Rajkumar took the 6th place ribbon for shot put
- (12 year old girls)-Katelyn Stewart-Barnett took home a pair of silver medals for the 800m and the 1200m and also took 4th for high jump and 7th for long jump and teammate Shankara Rajkumar took the silver medal for her strong 300m performance
- (13 year old girls)-Emma Dolman won 6th place in 300m and also in the 800m while teammate Emma Celle took 5th place in high jump, 6th in discus, 7th in 800m run and 11th place in long jump (against a field of 22 competitors), Elizabeth Bowles won well with 4th place in 800m and 5th in 1200m and Lauryn Savela took 4th in discus throw and 10th in high jump
Congratulations to all of the athletes for their hard work at practices paid off!
If you have a great photo of RCTFC athletes from this meet, please feel free to forward to:email@example.com .